Lisa joined the seminary in the summer of 2023 after 17 years at Kuyper College where she was Professor of Biblical and Intercultural Studies. Her academic interests have centered on Bible translation, best practices for teaching Biblical languages, and how intercultural learning experiences affect students’ beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors. She lived in Turkey for several years, where she organized and led intercultural immersion experiences for college students, and she still loves to travel as a way to learn about people and culture.
She and her husband, Mike, have three grown children and four granddaughters. In her free time she enjoys cooking, canoeing, camping, hiking, and biking.
- Greek Tools for Exegesis
- Mission of God in the New Testament
- Greek Fundamentals I
- Greek Fundamentals II
- Biblical Interpretation for Ministry
Conference presentations (partial list) and public speaking topics:
- 2023: “Evangelism or Interfaith Dialogue: Do I have to choose?” Panelist for Shoulder to Shoulder
- 2022: Panelist for David Nirenberg’s: “Judaism, Christianity, and Islam: How do our faiths shape our prejudices and our ideals?” Kaufman Academic Consortium, Grand Valley State University
- 2019: “Loving Your (Muslim) Neighbor,” Inspire Conference of the Christian Reformed Church
- 2019: “The Enriching Practice of Using Multiple Bible Translations,” Symposium on Worship, Calvin University
- 2018: “Our Beloved Bible: the story of God’s story,” Calvin College
- 2018: “Which Bible Translation is Best?” Kuyper College
- 2018: “Christian-Muslim Engagement Panel,” Symposium on Worship, Calvin University
- 2017: “West Michigan Muslim Context,” Consortium on Islam, Calvin Seminary
- 2017: “Muslim-Christian Dialogue on Campus?” Internationalizing Higher Education Conference, Calvin University
- 2016: “Hospitality to our Neighbor,” Kaufman Interfaith Consortium, Calvin College
- 2015 “Interfaith Dialogue on Campus,” Kaufman Interfaith Event, Cornerstone University
- 2015: “Muslim-Christian Dialogue on Campus?” Kuyper College
- 2013: “Implementing a 3-credit Intercultural Immersion Class Requirement for every Student: How Kuyper College Met the Challenges” at the Internationalizing Christian Higher Education Conference. Calvin College
- 2011: “Untamed God and Missional Discipleship” at the Discipleship Conference, Calvin Theological Seminary and Western Seminary
Blog and Forum Contributions
No Writings by this author.