Welcome to Grand Rapids! We are pleased you have chosen to learn, grow and contribute to life here at Calvin Theological Seminary. The presence of international students on our campus enriches our communal life. We value the opportunity to get to know one another, work together, and support each other in our studies. We trust that your time here will prepare you well for your future service for our Lord Jesus Christ. Be assured of our willingness to help you in any way that we can.
We have put together this page for your information. Please read it carefully. If there is something that is unclear, do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have about what’s written here-or not written here!
Associate Dean of Students
International Student Advisor
International Student Information
LEGAL AND MEDICAL INFORMATION
- Information for International Students
- Process to Receive I-20 after Admittance
- Sevis Info International/Canadian
- Arrival in the USA
- Sevis registration
- Length of stay
- Extension of status
- Change of degree program
- Transfers to/from another U.S. school
- Departures from the U.S.
- Acceptable Reasons for Reduced Credit Load
- Preaching in F-1 and J-1 status
- Employment in F-1 status
- Practical training
- Employment in F-2 status
- Study in F-2 status
- Employment in J-1 status
- Employment in J-2 status
- Check list for maintaining F-1 status
- A Comparison of the F and J Visas
- Income Tax
- Declaration of Finances – International students (pdf)
- International Student Estimated costs (pdf)
Cross Cultural Programs
Living in Grand Rapids
- Korean Student Association Website
Disclaimer: This page is a contribution by the Korean student population of Calvin Theological Seminary. They are solely responsible for the content of this webpage. Please contact the Korean Student Association webmaster (Seung Chin Noh) if you have questions.