Cory Willson Featured on “In All Things” Podcast
Published by Cory Willson
Jake and Betsy Tuls Professor of Missiology, World Christianity, and Public Theology
On this episode of the podcast, we are joined by a guest host, Jeremy Perigo, and together we talk with Cory Willson about his new book (coauthored with Matthew Kaemingk) Work and Worship (Baker Academic). Our theme question: what does it mean to reconnect our worship to our work?
Among the topics we discuss:
- If work and worship are meant to be connected, how did they get disconnected? What sort of theologies have fueled this divide, and how do we heal it?
- Why is a focus on practices and rituals critical, rather than just having a good “theology of work”?
- How do we bring out work into the place of worship, and how do we bring worship into our place of work?
- Is there a hidden assumption that our work will always be meaningful and fulfilling? How do we include those whose experience of work is full of pain?
- How has the Covid-19 pandemic shifted our understanding of gathered worship and gathered work?
Additional recent podcasts featuring Cory Willson: