Take daily strength from living in a Spirit-filled community.
Chapel is a wonderful opportunity for our community to worship God together. The format and style of chapels vary greatly–from meditations to testimonies to services of song and prayer, from organ to band to piano, from very quiet, contemplative chapels to exuberant, joyfully noisy (Ps. 100) chapels. Chapels are led by students, faculty and staff. Sometimes people from outside our community lead chapel, but usually, chapel is led by members of our own seminary community who use their gifts in the worship of God.
- Chapel 10:00 a.m. Wednesday & Friday (Chapel)
- Morning Matins 7:40-7:50 a.m. Monday-Friday (Fireside Room)
- Prayer Groups 10:00 a.m. Monday
- Korean prayer meetings 6:00 a.m. Monday-Friday (Auditorium)
- Korean worship and breakfast 7:00 a.m. Saturday (Auditorium and Student Center) Contact Myong Il Kim for more information
- Monthly Korean worship services and fellowship on Friday evenings
- Schedule & Recordings
- Worship Services at Calvin College
- Local Churches
We invite you to check out the following links in searching for worship opportunities in local congregations. Given our core biblical conviction that Christians grow up into Christ in the context of Christ’s body, the church, an essential formation activity throughout one’s seminary career is regular, active engagement in a particular local congregation.
Chapel Planning Team 2010-2011
Led by Howard Vanderwell and Emily Brink, the Chapel Planning Team ordinarily meets each Tuesday to schedule Wednesday and Friday morning worship. Elective credit hours are available.
Seminary Choir rehearses once a week in the seminary chapel and leads morning worship as well as some area church worship services. Contact Roy Hopp, if you are interested in joining. Three elective credit hours are available.
Other Opportunities to be Involved
Would you be willing to use your gifts in chapel? offer a testimony or meditation? lead as liturgist? play an instrument? help with visual arts? run the sound and technology system? Please contact a member of the Worship Planning Team.