We care about more than just your grades – we care about your whole life, including your spouse and children. Calvin Seminary now offers Spouse and Family Ministries, a spouse-led ministry to:
- Promote Christian fellowship and communication among the spouses of Calvin Seminary students,
- Coordinate, oversee, and promote activities for spouses and families,
- Represent the voice of spouses in seminary life, and
- Welcome and orient new spouses and families.
- Receive email Spouse and Family Ministry information and seminary updates. Spouses can provide their email addresses here to receive information about Spouse and Family Ministries and other seminary events.
- Groceries, clothing, shoes, and various household items are available free of charge to seminarians and their families through the Idema Food Pantry and Clothing Bank
- Counseling – Subsidized marriage counseling is available for students with the seminary paying $50.00 per session and the student paying the balance, normally $20 per session. In addition, Karl Wierenga, a trained therapist with decades of experience in many areas of counseling, counsels Calvin Theological Seminary students and their spouses individually or as couples. The seminary-subsidized cost per session is $10.00 co-pay. More information can be found here.
- Spouses can participate in classes for $15 per course. Information can be found here.