Welcome to Grand Rapids! Whether you are a prospective student visiting the seminary, or you are preparing to begin your first semester here, we invite you to explore Grand Rapids.
With the energy and culture of a city, and proximity of the beautiful Lake Michigan shoreline, Grand Rapids has something for everyone! You will find in Grand Rapids historic neighborhoods, parks, artists, international dining, ballet, the symphony, opera – and much more. Here are some links to information about life in Grand Rapids – we hope that you enjoy your stay – however long you are here!
For an exhaustive resource of information and links for Grand Rapids, visit these sites – they contain information on everything from real estate to where to eat.
Our own list of notable places around GR.
- The Civic
- Circle Theatre
- Community Media Center
- Wealthy Theatre
- De Vos Hall
- Urban Institute for Contemporary Arts
- Van Andel Arena
- Actor’s Theatre
- Broadway Theater Guild
- Christian Reformed Church in North America
- Listing of Grand Rapids Churches
- Listing of Michigan Christian Reformed Churches
- Grand Rapids Hotels
- Prince Conference Center
Located on Calvin’s Campus, the PCC is an ideal place for visitors to Calvin to stay overnight.
- Gerald R. Ford Museum
- Grand Rapids Art Museum
- Grand Rapids Children’s Museum
- Van Andel Museum Center
- City of Grand Rapids Parks and Recreation
- Lake Michigan
- Tourist Board
- Frederick Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park
- John Ball Park Zoo
- Grand Rapids Christian Schools
- Grand Rapids Public Schools
- Forest Hills Public Schools
- Ridge Park Charter Academy
- Northpointe Christian Schools
- St. Paul the Apostle School
- Our Savior Lutheran
- Lake Michigan Academy (Charter)
- Kentwood Public Schools
Grand Rapids is home to minor league baseball and hockey and also has an Arena League football team. There are also several facilities and parks in the city for you to enjoy your favorite sporting pastime!