The process of applying for financial aid is a simple one. Complete the CTS financial aid and scholarship application and the FAFSA, sign your award letter and complete the entrance counseling.
1. Residential programs: fill out required forms by the March 1 deadline.
Distance MDiv program: ongoing.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required form all US Citizens and permanent resident students applying for financial aid. Use our school code G02242.
All students are encouraged to apply for financial assistance as soon after January 1 as possible, and before the deadline of March 1.
2. All are also required to complete the Application for Financial Aid at Calvin Theological Seminary.
This application allows you to apply for all of our scholarships and institutional loan programs. The deadline for this application is March 1. Please be sure to select the correct application for your citizenship.
3. Federal Stafford loans are processed through the Department of Education and certified by the financial aid office. Students must complete the Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling for this loan. Complete instructions can be found at here. Once a student decides how much they would like to borrow from this loan they must inform the financial aid office and complete the estimated loan repayment calculator. This loan is not part of the initial award letter package.
4. The scholarship committee meets in late March to award scholarship funds.
You will receive an award letter from the Academic Affairs Office indicating any award in late March or early April.
5. International Students who qualify for ISSF must submit those documents by March 1.
6. Award letters must be signed and returned to the financial aid office in order to secure your awards.
7. Make sure to complete Entrance Counseling to finish your application.