Anyone seeking to apply for the Master of Divinity, Master of Arts, Master of Theological Studies, or Master of Theology degree programs or the EPMC should complete this application. Once you create an account, you may save the application as you work. The application deadline for Fall enrollment is June 1, however, those seeking Financial Aid should apply by February 1 to be admitted and complete the Financial Aid application before March 1. The application deadline for Spring enrollment is November 15.
1. Completed Application Form and $25 application fee
- Essays: The application includes two brief essays regarding your Christian commitment and an autobiography.
- Recommendations: Please be prepared with the names and contact information of four references that can comment on your: spiritual maturity, writing and speech proficiency, and character. Upon submission, your references will be emailed electronic recommendation forms to complete.
- Payment: Please be prepared to pay $25 USD by credit or debit card when completing the application. This is a non-refundable processing fee. The application cannot be submitted without payment.
2. Official Transcripts
Applicants must request official transcripts from all prior colleges, universities, seminaries, and/or professional schools. Please have them sent directly to:
Calvin Theological Seminary
3233 Burton St. SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
3. TOEFL score (non-native English speakers only)
The TOEFL test is administered periodically throughout the world by the Educational Testing Service (ETS) of Princeton, New Jersey 08540. An overall Internet-based test score of 80 with a 23 in the writing section is required. Applicants should use the Calvin Theological Seminary institutional code 1096 to ensure that ETS sends scores directly to the Admissions office.
4. Recent Photograph
5. Additional requirements (ThM Applicants only)
All Th.M. applicants are required to show transcript evidence of at least two courses each in Hebrew and Greek before beginning the program. Applicants with concentrations in Old or New Testament are required to take a proficiency test in Hebrew or Greek. Those applying for a concentration in Preaching will have a verbal interview with the Director of Admissions. Further instructions about these requirements will be sent after applications are received.
Calvin Theological Seminary is dedicated to God’s church and its multi-cultural and multi-ethnic expression. Calvin Seminary does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, marital status, or national origin and gathers such information on this application form for statistical purposes only.
After You Apply
The Admissions Office at Calvin Theological Seminary will maintain your file until all documents and fees have been received. We provide frequent updates on the status of your file. You may contact us at any time to ask about your file. Upon completion you will ordinarily be informed of an admission decision within 30 days.
The seminary sends out financial aid and housing information to all admitted students. All forms and information can be found on our website. Scholarship applications are due by March 1 for consideration for the upcoming academic year. The housing application deadline is April 1.