Anyone seeking to apply for the Master of Divinity, Master of Arts, Master of Theological Studies, or Master of Theology degree programs should complete this application. Once you create an account, you may save the application as you work. The application deadline for Fall enrollment is June 1, however, those seeking Financial Aid should apply by February 1 to be admitted and complete the Financial Aid application before March 1. The application deadline for spring enrollment is November 15.
1. Completed application form and $25 application fee
- Essays: The application includes two brief essays regarding your Christian commitment and an autobiography.
- Recommendations: Please be prepared with the names and contact information of four references that can comment on your: spiritual maturity, writing and speech proficiency, and character. Upon submission, your references will be emailed electronic recommendation forms to complete. (ThM applicants must have 2 recommendations from faculty.) Please note: We ask that none of your references be family members or spouses.
- Payment: Please be prepared to pay $25 USD by credit or debit card when completing the application. This is a non-refundable processing fee. The application cannot be submitted without payment.
2. Official transcripts
Applicants must request official transcripts from all prior colleges, universities, seminaries, and/or professional schools. An official transcript is a sealed copy sent directly from the institution. Please have your transcripts sent to:
Calvin Theological Seminary
3233 Burton St. SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
3. TOEFL or IELTS score (non-native English speakers only)
- TOEFL: a minimum internet-based score of 80 total with 23 in the writing section is required (use institutional code 1096 to order scores)
- IELTS: a minimum test score of 6.5 total with 6.5 in the writing section is required (order scores through testing location, no institutional code needed)
4. Recent photograph
5. Additional requirements (ThM Applicants only)
- All applicants must show transcript evidence of at least two semesters each in Hebrew and Greek
- Applicants with concentrations in Old or New Testament must pass a language proficiency exam in the applicable language
- Applicants with a concentration in Preaching must have a verbal interview with the Director of Admissions
Calvin Theological Seminary is dedicated to God’s church and its multi-cultural and multi-ethnic expression. Calvin Seminary does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, marital status, or national origin and gathers such information on this application form for statistical purposes only.
After You Apply
The Admissions Office at Calvin Theological Seminary will maintain your file until all documents and fees have been received. We provide frequent updates on the status of your file. You may contact us at any time to ask about your file. Upon completion you will ordinarily be informed of an admission decision within 30 days.
The seminary sends out financial aid and housing information to all admitted students. All forms and information can be found on our website. Scholarship applications are due by March 1 for consideration for the upcoming academic year. The housing application deadline is April 1.