Anyone seeking to apply for the Ecclesiastical Program for Ministerial Candidacy (EPMC) should complete this application. Once you create an account, you may save the application as you work. The application deadline for fall enrollment is June 1. The application deadline for spring enrollment is November 15.
1. Completed application form and $25 application fee
- Essays: The application includes three brief essays regarding your autobiography, Christian commitment, and ministry experiences.
- Recommendations: Admission to the EPMC requires four recommendations: church council, pastoral, classis/regional body, and personal. Please be prepared with the names and contact information for these four references. Upon submitting the application, your references will be emailed electronic recommendation forms to complete. Please note: We ask that none of your references be family members or spouses.
- Payment: Please be prepared to pay $25 USD by credit or debit card when completing the application. This is a non-refundable processing fee. The application cannot be submitted without payment.
2. Official transcripts
Applicants must request official transcripts from all prior colleges, universities, seminaries, and/or professional schools. Once admitted to the EPMC, students who are currently enrolled in seminary studies must submit unofficial transcripts to Calvin Seminary once a year in the summer. When the degree is completed, please also submit a final official transcript with the MDiv degree posted. Please send all official transcripts directly to:
Calvin Theological Seminary
3233 Burton St. SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
3. TOEFL or IELTS score (non-native English speakers only)
- TOEFL: a minimum internet-based score of 80 total with 23 in the writing section is required (use institutional code 1096 to order scores)
- IELTS: a minimum test score of 6.5 total with 6.5 in the writing section is required (order scores through testing location, no institutional code needed)
4. Recent photograph
Calvin Theological Seminary is dedicated to God’s church and its multi-cultural and multi-ethnic expression. Calvin Seminary does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, marital status, or national origin and gathers such information on this application form for statistical purposes only.
After You Apply
The Admissions Office at Calvin Theological Seminary will maintain your file until all documents and fees have been received. We provide frequent updates on the status of your file. You may contact us at any time to ask about your file. Upon completion you will ordinarily be informed of an admission decision within 30 days.
The seminary sends out housing information to all admitted students. The housing application deadline is April 1.