Professor of Pastoral Care
- B.A. (Calvin College), 1970
- M. Div. (Calvin Theological Seminary), 1974
- D.Min. (Chicago Theological Seminary & Center for Religion and Psychotherapy of Chicago), 1981
- Ph.D. (University of Denver and Iliff School of Theology), 1994
Born in Whitinsville, Massachusetts, Ron Nydam is married with three adult sons. Ron’s education and experience in psychotherapy and theology are the backdrop to his teaching here at Calvin Theological Seminary. Rev. Nydam served as a pastor at Third Christian Reformed Church of Denver, Colorado for ten years and as the agency director of Pastoral Counseling for Denver for fourteen years. He is the author of Adoptees Come of Age: Living Within Two Families, and has a special interest in the study of relinquishment and adoption.
Ron teaches pastoral care classes at Calvin Theological Seminary in order to equip seminarians for the challenge of pastoral ministry.
“The challenges ahead for parish pastors, chaplains, and missionaries will include the demand for effective pastoral care in a society and world that are in increasing pain. The love of our Lord Jesus Christ will be especially meaningful to a world in short supply. Pastors who are effective as representatives of the Christ who enters the suffering of others will make the difference.”
Ron also enjoys kayaking on the Thornapple River, and walking his dog, TeTonka.
- Christian Living:
- The Dynamics of Relinquishment and Adoption
- The Knottiness of Divorce
- The Messiness of Marriage